Join our team! We’re looking for a Fair Manager
We are looking for a Fair Manager to join our expanding team and growing fair. Your job will be to support the Fair Associate Director in all aspects of delivering Photo London. You will act as the dedicated gallery liaison and will develop relationships with participating galleries and carry out all communication with exhibitors. You will complete the necessary administrative and operational tasks to execute a successful fair. You will be the point of contact for each department to ensure they are receiving the necessary information including Marketing and Communications, Accounting, PR & Press, Production, VIP and the Design team.
Reporting to Fair Associate Director
Works with Fair Associate Director / Operations Director / Marketing Director
- Communication between participating galleries and our marketing team to ensure the promotion and marketing of programming year-round. The job holder will work with the Fair Associate Director to develop public programming.
- Manage the public programme and exhibition production
- Maintain the gallery database and work with the Fair Associate Director on exhibitor applications.
- Work with the production team to prepare and distribute all gallery packs/manuals/guides and with the Fair director on the preparation and distribution of exhibitor application packs.
- Help with the organisation of the Selection Committee meetings.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Qualified to degree level or show equivalent experience
- Can demonstrate excellent accuracy and attention to detail in work produced
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience within the cultural sector (arts-based background or knowledge and understanding of the commercial and not-for-profit art world, including commercial galleries, private and public museums, and cultural institutions in the UK)
- Existing contact list of galleries
- Experience of WordPress and Mail Chimp
- Exhibition Production experience
- Fluent in a second language other than English
- Sales experience
- Excellent analytical and writing skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Confident communicator with diplomacy and tact both online and in person
- Confident with numeracy
- Be able to think independently and lead on your own projects
- Strong Cultural awareness and an appreciation of arts audiences
- Must be innovative, creative, and strategically minded
- Excellent organisational skills
- Approachable, flexible and professional manner at all times
- Strong team player
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and cover letter outlining how you meet the criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Photo London
Photo London is the leading international Fair in showcasing the very best of the past, present and future of photography. From emerging contemporary artists to historic and iconic masters, Photo London brings together exhibitors from across the globe and celebrates the medium in all its forms. Each edition sees a unique Public Programme including special exhibitions and installations; a Talks Programme and several Awards announced, headlined by the Photo London Master of Photography Award. Beyond the Fair, Photo London regularly hosts Pre-Fair Talks, a Book Club and publishes a digital magazine through our Academy programme. We are proud to support our exhibitors year-round and to work together to build the UK photography market. Photo London is produced by Candlestar, an internationally renowned cultural consultancy with an outstanding reputation within the field of photography and the arts. Candlestar produces the Prix Pictet on behalf of the Pictet Group.