Join our team! We’re looking for an Exhibition and Graphic Designer
Candlestar is a multidisciplinary cultural consultancy, specializing in planning and designing exhibitions and other cultural events. We translate ideas into physical experiences through excellent design, communication, conceptual planning, scenography and programming.
Candlestar produces Photo London and the Prix Pictet. Photo London is a high-end photography fair that runs annually at the iconic Somerset House, featuring 100 galleries from all over the world. The Prix Pictet the world’s leading award for photography and sustainability.
We are currently recruiting for an Exhibition and Graphic Designer with a minimum of 5 years’ experience. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to lead projects from concept through to completion.
Responsibilities would include:
· Designing and supervising the production and installation of all wayfinding for Photo London.
· Designing a series of exhibitions and artist lead installations that compose the fair’s Public Programme.
· Adapting the content and design of the Prix Pictet exhibition to suit a variety of international locations where the exhibition is displayed.
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills:
· Proven experience designing exhibitions and/or live cultural events.
· A passion for graphic design with particular focus on environmental graphics, wayfinding and typography.
· An understanding of building works and production processes.
· Be able to work on creative alternatives in terms of materials and suppliers in order to deliver on a specific budget.
· Be able to brief and supervise graphic and build contractors.
· Good communication skills. Able to communicate with diverse stakeholders.
· Software: Vectorworks or similar, SketchUp and full Adobe Creative Suite.
If this opportunity is of interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV, examples of your work and a brief covering email stating why you would like to work for Candlestar.
All applications should be sent using the heading ‘Candlestar_ Exhibition and Graphic Designer.’